Monday 2 July 2012

Moving House

Some of you may have noticed a lack of posting over the last week from me. This can be explained by the fact that I have been in the process of moving house.
Although you realise that you have a habit of accumulating extra things (DVDs, books, etc), you never fully realise just how much you have accumulated until you have to put it all in boxes & move it!
I recall my first few moves were fairly uneventful - Sydney to Melbourne was a long car trip with a TV, some CDs & some clothes packed in the car ... and soon after I arrived in Melbourne I purchased a bed, a desk & some shelves ... and that was all I needed for a while (I was sharing a house with 3 other chess friends).
The next move involved taking these things to a new home (this time sharing with my girlfriend), where I managed to accumulate more CDs & DVDs, some more books, as well as a few 'household' items like a vacuum cleaner & various plates & utensils. Another move, this time to a place by myself, meant that the accumulated bots & pieces kept growing & soon included things like a fridge, washing machine & dryer. These moved with me to my last place, where I again accumulated more DVDs, books, etc until my most recent move ... this time to Oak Park, in the north western suburbs of Melbourne.
The accumulated boxes meant that a nice, neat & brand new apartment that looked like this:
Has now transformed into this: 
Hopefully I'll get things sorted out (at least to the point of having most things roughly 'in place') in the next few days & I'll then return to regular blogging of various chess & poker related events.

1 comment:

  1. Hire person to arrange things for you. A lot of moving up services that can do things for you. check their websites for availability of their services.



    Joseph @ removalist sydney

    ReplyDelete