Thursday 22 March 2012

AFL Dream Team & Super Coach ... the first (partial) lockout!

I've chopped and changed a bit from my last few blog posts about DreamTeam, but have finally arrived at what looks like it will be my starting side for the 2012 DT season ...

If you want to join my league (there are still places), then join league 962237 & take me on in the DreamTeam competition!

My round 1 side (as it stands before the GWS-Sydney game): 

Remaining Cap: $19,400

DEF: B Goddard, H Shaw, B Deledio, M Suckling, B Lake, M Clarke, B Ellis, T Bugg, J Paine

MID: S Pendlebury, G Ablett, T Mzungu, S Coniglio, D Shiel, J Magner, C Wingard, J McDonald

RUCK: D Cox, D Hale, J Giles, J Redden

FWD: L Franklin, N Fyfe, D Martin, R Nahas, P Dangerfield, J Riewoldt, D Smith, J Porplyzia, A Hall

I like most parts of my team - happy with the defense, although not entirely convinced about Bugg & Paine on the bench. Happy with the midfield, but not really sure about which rookies to start on the field & which to bench. Like the rucks - Cox is the must-pick option & I prefer Hale as my second ruck to using Giles, with the two rookies on the bench rather than competing for a place in the starting lineup. I'm also happy with the starting forwards, though am a little concerned about 3 Richmond forwards & my bench, but I imagine I'll be doing some trading before the dreaded bye rounds in the middle of the season!

I've got a feeling there might be some changes based on the full round 1 sides being named next week, but that's the team I'm sticking with for the time being!

As for SuperCoach, I've gone for a fairly risky strategy, with an all-rookie midfield!

My round 1 side (as it stands before the GWS-Sydney game):

Remaining Cap: $10,900

DEF: B Goddard, B Deledio, H Shaw, B Houli, D Heppell, P Duffield, B Lake, B Ellis, T Bugg

MID: S Coniglio, C Wingard, D Smith, D Shiel, T Ledger, J McDonald, J Magner, H Cunningham

RUCK: D Cox, S Mumford, J Giles, J Redden

FWD: L Franklin, N Fyfe, S Johnson, D Martin, D Zaharakis, R Nahas, D Hale, J Paine, A Hall

I don't mind this side, but I can imagine the side will require trades to be very important, particularly when it comes to upgrading rookies and a few (likely) sideways trades leading up to the bye rounds to avoid donuts. The other temptation with this side is to put in a premium midfielder like Pendlebury or Abblett, effectively as a permanent captain, & bring in a few more rookies in the backs or forwards, but  that would compromise the 8 rookie midfield theory put forward by last year's SuperCoach winner!

Thoughts??

No comments:

Post a Comment