Saturday 1 October 2011

Ryde Eastwood Open Day 1

Today was the first (of three) days of the Ryde Eastwood Open & I scored 2/3, beating Jamie-Lee Guo & Michael Kethro & losing to top seed IM George Xie. I was happy with the finish to my game against Michael Kethro, where I sacrificed a rook for mate, but was disappointed by my opening against George Xie, where I was just worse from early in the game & just gradually dropped pawns as the game progressed.
I think I'll most likely use the games from this tournament for future videos.

In other video-related news, I'm in the process of editing & producing a video of a session of Badugi & Limit Holdem I played recently. You can find the first part on my YouTube page & it will be posted here (with the other parts) when it is complete.

I've also decided to take on something of an ambitious project as far as a future video series is concerned. I want to have a look in some detail at the 'Broken Arrow' variation of the Modern Defense. The line begins 1.d4 g6 2.c4 Bg7 3.Nc3 c5 4.d5 Bxc3+ & I've played the black side of the position on quite a number of occasions & enjoy playing it. The plan is to make a series of videos on the theory of the line & attempt to evaluate the various tries for either side. Hopefully I'll get around to it eventually ...

No comments:

Post a Comment